Our Internships - Introduction
A candidate for one of our Internships:
* is a Student, Scholar, Practitioner, Artist or a person with demonstrable interest in the Classic Roman influence on any branch of human endeavor - from Art to Banking, from Architecture to Agriculture - and its evolution;
* plans to spend a semester (or more) in Rome in the near future;
* during this period, will be accredited at or with an official scholarly institution registered with Italian authorities or an institutional association such as AASI or certain recognized private organizations;
* has room and board and independent means to support him/herself during the stay in Rome.
To further our mission (see Mission Statement) we encourage applicants
* to show their interest in a specific branch of Classical Roman Arts, broadly defined. Examples include paintings, statuary, literature, wine-making, fashion, archaeology, fine arts, music, agricultural ethnography, jewelry design, games, banking, finance, health & medicine;
* to show how the influence and evolution of specific Classical Roman Arts will be reflected, advanced and affected by the applicant's work in their area of interest;
* to show how working in Rome will contribute to their development and the achievement of their goals.
Tips to help organize the application:
Applicants are encouraged to read the website to get a feeling for our aims and areas of interest.
The objectives of the grant proposal should be detailed as they are a main element in the selection process.
Applicants are encouraged to be as specific as possible as to the field they will be studying, the expected time constraints and the potential output of their efforts.
Currently we are accepting two Interns per semester.
Our interns are expected to work on different projects, doing research, helping with administrative tasks and helping to keep up the website and social media communications.
We offer to each of our Interns:
- Stipend (under the School supervision): Euro 250.00 per semester to be used in materials, transportation and educational activities.
- Workspace for 3 days a week, 4 hours per day -including wifi and library support
- Refreshments, snacks and dinners
- Referrals and introduction to sources and contacts
- A mentor in the specific field.
How to Apply For Our Grants
The application process is straight-forward and consists of 3 stages.
The initial application may be submitted at any time during the year. You do not need to have already secured accreditation and other funds for your expected stay in Rome. However, you will not receive the Grant unless you show that you have complied with the requirements set forth above, including accreditation and independent funds.
While applicants may submit the initial application at any time, there are two official deadlines each year: May 15 and November 15.
Apply for the Internship Position
Our Current and Recent Roster
Elizabeth is a Junior marketing student from Providence College with a passion for art history. She has experience working at small and large retail companies, dealing with customer service and social media. For the Foundation, she will be researching various historical sites around Rome, as well as editing the website.
Arianna De Angelis
Arianna is a senior art history student at the American University of Rome. She has experience working as a receptionist and as a museum volunteer. At the Foundation, she has been building the website and doing public outreach.
Kate is a senior studio and theater student from Cornell College.
She has been successfully exhibiting and selling her art since 2015, and has experience with theater makeup.
For her internship, she will be researching and writing short excerpts on various Roman sites.
I am Alessia Tanzini, a senior student majoring in Art History with a minor in Entrepreneurship and Classical Studies at John Cabot University in Rome. I have experience for online exhibitions and Peer-to-Peer Entrepreneurial Programs. For my internship at CRAF I will help to research for Artisans in Italy for the Artisan Rome Map program.